Douchebag extrodinaire Lt Col. Robert Bateman calls for the disarmarment of American citizens in a recent Esquire opinion piece. In the article, linked above, he uses language that belies what he is actually saying. The article is littered with references to violence and his disdain for the law. “My entire adult life has been dedicated to the deliberate management of violence. There are no two ways around that fact. My job, at the end of the day, is about killing. I orchestrate violence.” ” I am not proud of that fact. Indeed, I am often torn-up by the realization that not only is this my job, but that I am really good at my job.” He ends his first statement with “My job, at the end of the day is about killing”. At the beginning of the second statement he attempts to mitigate the implications of his first statement but then negates that with ” I am really good at my job”. Below is the actual plan that he lays out. Notice the language sprinkled through out it that thinly veneers his disdain for the citizenry. ” you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place.” “That will piss off some cops, since they really need this money. But you know what they need more? Less violence and death” ” will be bought out by the United States of America, for our own damned good. “. Within his plan he uses the mother of all violent phrases “We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers.” After using violent phraseology he then attempts to mitigate the language by adding “That is because I am willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes”. That is like looking someone in the eye and telling them that you are going to send them to their grave, after they are dead of course. The cat is out of the bag when you make the first statement and your true intent is being shown. I think that the good Col. has shown cleary through his language what his true intent is. He repeatedly demonstrates that he thinks his view is superior to that of the court and he is willing to use violence to achieve his ends. He just can’t say it at the moment… Not yet anyway. A lot of people have commented on the piece that he wrote and “Traitor” and “Oathbreaker” are recurring themes, but I think it goes farther than that; I believe that he is a clear and present danger.
1. The only guns permitted will be the following:
- a. Smoothbore or Rifled muzzle-loading blackpowder muskets. No 7-11 in history has ever been held up with one of these.
- b. Double-barrel breech-loading shotguns. Hunting with these is valid.
- c. Bolt-action rifles with a magazine capacity no greater than five rounds. Like I said, hunting is valid. But if you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place.
2. We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers. That is because I am willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes. Guns, except for the three approved categories, cannot be inherited. When you die your weapons must be turned into the local police department, which will then destroy them. (Weapons of historical significance will be de-milled, but may be preserved.)
3. Police departments are no longer allowed to sell or auction weapons used in crimes after the cases have been closed. (That will piss off some cops, since they really need this money. But you know what they need more? Less violence and death. By continuing the process of weapon recirculation, they are only making their jobs — or the jobs of some other cops — harder.)
4. We will submit a new tax on ammunition. In the first two years it will be 400 percent of the current retail cost of that type of ammunition. (Exemptions for the ammo used by the approved weapons.) Thereafter it will increase by 20 percent per year.
5. We will initiate a nationwide “buy-back” program, effective immediately, with the payouts coming from the DoD budget. This buy-back program will start purchasing weapons at 200 percent of their face value the first year, 150 percent the second year, 100 percent the third year. Thereafter there will be a 10 year pause, at which point the guns can be sold to the government at 10 percent of their value for the next 50 years.
6. The major gun manufactures of the United States, less those who create weapons for the federal government and the armed forces, will be bought out by the United States of America, for our own damned good.