Europe-wide hunt under way for Berlin attack suspect

Thumbnail

 

“A manhunt is under way across Europe after German authorities issued an appeal for information about the suspect in Monday’s deadly attack on a Berlin Christmas market.

The federal prosecutor issued a Europe-wide alert for a 24-year-old Tunisian man, Anis Amri, on Wednesday warning that he could be armed and dangerous.

German authorities said they had tried to deport Mr Amri earlier this year but were unable to do so because Tunisia refused to recognise him as a citizen.

The prosecutor is offering a €100,000 reward for information leading to his arrest. Documents identifying Mr Amri were found in the cab of the truck used in Monday’s assault.

Ralf Jäger, interior minister for the German region of North Rhine-Westphalia, where the suspect once lived, said he had earlier been investigated in Berlin on suspicion of preparing a terrorist attack but the probe had been closed.

According to one Italian official, Mr Amri arrived in Italy in the aftermath of the 2011 Tunisian revolution and spent as long as four years in a jail in Sicily. He was subsequently earmarked for expulsion and ordered to leave the country before he traveled to Germany.”

https://www.ft.com/content/d1df7972-c762-11e6-8f29-9445cac8966f

Apparently all of Europe’s best and brightest were either killed in the war or emigrated to America

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s